Use this guide as a mantra, as a daily meditation, or however you see fit.
1. I will learn more about the component most critical to the success of my song writing career. I will discover my strengths and I will work daily to improve upon my weaknesses. I understand that absolute honesty is of the utmost importance in this endeavor.
2. I will work daily to fire my passion. I will read books, watch TV programs, awards shows, read magazine articles, buy CD's of my favorite writers and artists, everything I can find that inspires me.
3. I will surround myself with positive people and I will avoid people who don't understand my pursuit of songwriting.
4. I will be brave and try new things in my writing.
5. I will strive to find my true voice, rather than to say what I think others expect me to.
6. I will accept the fact that not everyone will like every one of my songs. I know that I will face rejection along my path to success. I know that criticism is not directed towards me personally. I will use it as a tool to improve my writing.
7. I will accept that this is not an easy path that I have chosen, and that persistence will be one of the keys to my success.
8. I will always remember that this must first be fun and enjoyable for me. When it stops being so, I will step back and recharge my batteries or adjust my course.
9. I will never doubt myself. I know that as long as I have a true desire to become a successful songwriter, I can reach my goals with time and patience.
10. I will always be on the lookout for opportunities to improve myself, my network and my song crafting skills.
Désirée professional Triple A, Progressive Adult Rock, Country Western, Blues, Bluegrass music. Nashville, Tennessee singer, songwriter, performer, musician & guitar player. Extraordinary music for extraordinary times!